2019 Planter Program & Contest
The DBA Downtown Planter program and contest will continue for the second year in a row! Our intent is to make this an annual tradition with the help of community-minded volunteers who want to bring natural beauty to Downtown Danville. With so many downtown planting opportunities, local businesses, residents and community organizations can give back to the place they live, work and play, all while showcasing their horticultural abilities!
How it Works
- We are looking for committed sponsors who will enjoy adding to the ambiance of our downtown and who will keep their planters in tiptop shape.
- Interested businesses, individuals, or community groups can complete the attached application form and mail it in.
- There will be information available, courtesy of Columbia-Montour Master Gardeners, available to browse at the Danville Business Alliance (620 Mill Street). This will provide guidance about what to plant, but sponsors may choose to plant what they prefer.
- If you choose to participate, all planting must be completed by May 1, 2019. Participants may choose to plant sooner, weather conditions permitting, but May 1st is the deadline.
- DBA will make a photographic record of the participating planters throughout the summer. The first photographs will be taken on or about June 1, 2019. Participants will be recognized on social media throughout the contest.
- Sponsors will be responsible for plant selection, planting, ongoing maintenance, and watering at least 3 times a week. More frequent watering is recommended in very hot weather.
- This is also a contest! On Friday, August 29, 2019, every planter will be evaluated by a panel of judges. The best planters (First Place and Honorable Mention) will be awarded the Zamboni Beautification Award in honor of his many contributions to the beauty and heritage of Danville.
- The winners will be recognized on August 30, 2019 by the Danville Business Alliance via their website and social media as well as in the Danville News.
The contest is FREE to participate in. If you wish to participate please download the Participation Card and hang in your storefront so that it is visible for the community, press, and deciding judges.
Beauty, Made to Order!
Don’t have a green thumb? We have the solution – beautiful flower arrangements, made to order!
27” pots - $95
Planted & delivered - $310
20” pots - $46
*Planted and delivered upon request*
Questions? Contact either the Danville Business Alliance at (570) 284-4502 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please hang this participation card in your storefront by May 1, 2019 (or earlier) so that it is visible for the community, press, and deciding judges.
Thank you for your support!