2020 Planter Program & Contest
The DBA Downtown Planter Program and Contest will continue for the second year in a row! Our intent is to make this an annual tradition with the help of community-minded volunteers who want to bring natural beauty to Downtown Danville. With so many downtown planting opportunities, local businesses, residents and community organizations can give back to the place they live, work and play, all while showcasing their horticultural abilities!
Who is eligible to participate?
Interested businesses, individuals, or community groups who are committed to nurturing their flora and who will enjoy adding to the ambiance of our downtown.
How do I participate?
- Simply print the Participation Card and hang it in your storefront window (visible to Mill Street pedestrians).
- Adorn pots or planters with flowers/shrubs/greens of your choosing by May 15, 2020, or sooner, weather permitting. May 15th is recommended, but not a participation requirement. Keep in mind that the 34th Annual Spring Fling is happening on May 2, 2020!
- Periodically post photos of your planters to the Danville Business Alliance Facebook page with the #iturntoDanville #BeautyonMill. Don't forget to tag Danville Business Alliance and you/your business!
What's in it for me?
In addition to the satisfaction of beautifying our downtown, this is a CONTEST! There will be three (3) awards given this year: Best on Mill, People's Choice, & Honorable Mention.
When are the awards given?
- On Friday, August 28, 2019, every planter will be evaluated by a panel of judges to determine the winner of the Best on Mill Award. The recipient will also receive the Zamboni Beautification Award in honor of Bill Zamboni, for his many contributions to the beauty and heritage of Danville, and a special prize from Ettinger's Landscaping. The judges will also choose Honorable Mention.
- The People's Choice Award will be determined based upon a survey sent out by the Danville Business Alliance. The Danville Alliance will take official photos for this poll on Friday, August 17, 2020.
- The winners for all three (3) awards will be recognized on August 28, 2020 by the Danville Business Alliance via website and social media as well as in the Danville News.
The contest is FREE to participate in. If you wish to participate please download the Participation Card and hang in your storefront so that it is visible for the community, press, and deciding judges.
Questions? Contact either the Danville Business Alliance at (570) 284-4502 or email at email@example.com.
Please hang this Participation Card in your storefront by May 15, 2020 (or earlier) so that it is visible for the community, press, and deciding judges.
Thank you for your support!