Hometown Holiday Storefront Contest
Danville Business Alliance Hometown Holiday Window Contest
The DBA Hometown Holiday Storefront Contest will be inaugurated this coming winter! Our intent is to make this an annual tradition with the help of community-minded volunteers who want to bring holiday cheer to downtown Danville. With so many downtown opportunities, local businesses, residents and community organizations can give back to the place they live, work and play, all while showcasing their artistic abilities! It does not need to be a costly endeavor! Donated tree greens, white birch, and spray painted branches can become a beautiful work of art!
How it Works:
We are looking for committed participants who will enjoy adding to the ambiance of our downtown and who will keep their windows and storefronts looking festive throughout the holiday season.
- Interested businesses, individuals, or community groups can complete and drop off the attached application or a business card to the DBA Office.
- We suggest decorating by November 23rd just in time for Small Business Saturday (on November 24th). Applicants must be decorated by November 23rd to be considered participants.
- This is also a contest! On Sunday, December 16, 2018, participating windows/storefronts will be judged, and the winner will be presented with the Most Holiday Spirit Award!
- There will also be a People’s Choice Award via a Facebook poll on the DBA Facebook page.
- The winners will be recognized in conjunction with the Hometown Holiday Weekend (December 14, 15, and 16) by the Danville News, Press Enterprise, and by the Danville Business Alliance through its website and its social media sites.
- Greens and birch will be available free of charge (while supplies last) on Friday, November 16th between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. in Canal Park. These items are available on a first come, first serve basis.
To participate, fill out the registration form and drop at the Danville Business Alliance no later than November 23, 2018.