The holidays are practically upon us and it's time to start thinking about our Holiday Storefront Contest!
How to Participate
- Decorate your ground-level storefront window between November 23 and December 2 with classic holiday scenes illustrating your idea of Hometown Holiday.
- Judges will view the windows December 6 – 8, 2019. Public voting will be open from November 23 at 5 p.m. through December 14 at 8 p.m. Photos of the displays will be posted on the Danville Business Alliance Facebook page for public voting.
- Feel free to post your own photos of your display on social media! Tag the Danville Business Alliance and use #turntodanville and #DanvilleHometownHoliday.
- Keep your decorations up through the holidays, but please take them down by January 6, 2020.
- Participants must display a Participation Card to indicate participation in the contest. Cards must be visible to passersby as well as judges. You can print a card here or stop by the Danville Business Alliance (620 Mill Street) to pick one up.
- Please try to incorporate lights into your display.
- Decorated windows should be visible from the sidewalk but must not obstruct the sidewalk and/or pedestrian right of way.
- Overall effect (25 pts)
- Display and placement of decorations (15 pts)
- Originality and creativity (15 pts)
- Craftsmanship (15 pts)
- Design detail (15 pts)
- Effective use of color and material (15 pts)
Judge's & People's Choice Awards
Grand Prize: Trophy, "bragging Rights" and public/media recognition, along with a voucher for a free 2020 Holiday Decor Bundle. The winner will be presented with a trophy to display in their business until next year’s competition.
Prizes will be awarded on Monday, December 15, 2019.